In order to safely and completely Unlock iPhone 3GS 5.1 without bringing harm to your phone; it is advisable to find the best-suited jailbreak instructions that will enable someone to unlock the software and successfully adjust the firmware, to enable use with different SIM cards. It is essential to note that not all the websites claiming to have ways to unlock it are genuine. In fact, one has around a 50 percent chance of rendering your phone downright unusable if someone deployed some of these phones unlocked programs. Be sure to refrain from websites that declare they can Unlock iPhone 3GS 5.1 by simply supplying them with your IMEI number for a price. In simple terms, there is no such thing as a code to unlock your 3GS iPhone device. It is true that other manufactures of phone have made exceptions for such codes, but the manufacturers of the iPhone 3GS 5.1, Apple, have done away with that possibility.
Unlock iPhone 3GS 5.1 in straightforward steps
- Before unlocking your iPhone one must jailbreak it first. It does not matter what the information out, there is saying, the fact is someone cannot unlock iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.1 without jailbreaking. Some of the jailbreak tools available include the limera 1n untethered jailbreak, which we will use for instruction purposes only. The recommended software will take care of the jailbreak.
- Download the latest version of limera 1 n and install it. Connect your unlocked iPhone 3GS 5.1 to the USB cable. Click on “make it ra1n” on the software, and it should enter the recovery mode. Hold down the power and home buttons on your iPhone at the same time.
- The iPhone will enter the DFU mode, loading the iPhone operating system in DFU mode. Once finished, the software will introduce the baseband exploit. This will get the process going.
- After this, the Cydia jailbreak application installed on your phone will appear. This is used to install 3rd party apps and other features to the iPhone. From the Cydia application, one need to open the ultrasn0w unlocks software. Do this by going to the ‘manage’ tab on the Cydia app and select ‘sources’. From there add http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com to the source list, and install its latest version.
- From here, the Ultrasn0w app will do the rest of the job automatically. This process is not hard but, there is a simpler way to Unlock iPhone 3GS 5.1; using the recommended software, which, keeps it remarkably easy.
How To Unlock iPhone 3GS 5.1 second method:
- Update your iOS to version 5.1 while using sn0wbreeze. This facilitates preservation of the baseband. This is because some of the basebands are unlock able including; 04.26.08, 05.12.01, 05.11.07, 06.15.10, 05.13.04 and 01.59.00.
- Add the Cydia repo and the install the correct ultrasn0w fix, i.e. the one for iPhone 3GS, on your device. Install the ultrasn0w 1.2.4 via the Cydia application.
- After this, turn off the iPhone and insert the other SIM card that is supposed to replace the official one and switch on the device again. Once it is on, it will reveal your success to Unlock iPhone 3GS 5.1.
The problem with these methods is that the repos rarely work, and if they do, they are shut down almost as soon as the user switches on the phone. They also do not have a guarantee that they will unlock iPhone 4 5.1. The only safe and effective way is the recommended software.
The third method to Unlock iPhone 3GS 5.1 are as follows:
If the repo above does not work, a manual installation can be done using the following method:
- Update the iOS to version 5.1. And as in the above method, it preserves the baseband. Furthermore, ensure that you select the ‘hacktivate’ option as you make the firmware. Note that the there is some basebands that cannot be unlocked
- Via the Cydia application, install OpenSSH and SSH in the iPhone 3GS 5.1. Find your way to where the folder containing support and substitute the file therein with files that you will find at http://www.mediafire.com/?e2r81d8aq1metke link.
- Commence the installation of ultrasn0w version 1.2.4, switch off the iPhone 3GS 5.1 and replace the official SIM card with the SIM card that is wanted for use. When the iPhone is switched, back on you should expect to find it unlocked.
No method mentioned above has a guaranteed success rate and there is no way of knowing the state the iPhone will be in the aftermath of such procedures. The best way is for one to get reliable and effective software that is safe and tested. The recommended software to do so is a high quality and highly effective solution for one to achieve a usable and more reliable unlocked device. This is an investment that assures an individual that he or she will get their money’s worth unlocking iPhone 3GS 5.1 in a safe and permanent manner. For more information, visit: How To Unlock iPhone 3GS 5.1